The CRMS system is developed, managed and serviced by international and nationally experienced health managers, absenteeism specialists, psychologists, labor lawyers, occupational nurses, medical doctors, financial specialists each with more than 15 years practical experience in their respected fields of corporate health management, occupational health and safety, organizational and clinical psychology, organizational and employee wellness, HIV/AIDS.
CRMS CASE STUDY: Introduction
In 2005 a national company called ‘Unwell’ (based on a real case study, but for this purpose named ‘Unwell’), with two factories, one in the north and one in the south of South Africa, comprising 196 outlets nationwide and 4000 employees in total, experienced high levels of disability claims and requested help.
Although company ‘Unwell’ put in place various wellness programs, practices and staff, it still experienced:
- Problems regarding sick leave.
- Delayed disability notification.
- Unacceptably high instances of disability claims.
- Unexpectedly high incidence of death statistics.
- Under- reporting of HIV/AIDS cases.
The Comprehensive Risk Management Solution System (CRMS) was applied and highlighted the following:
- Unsuccessful interpretation, management and co-ordination of employee absenteeism.
- Unproductive reporting, management and rehabilitation of employee disabilities.
- Lack of understanding of various medical conditions and management thereof.
- Workforce life expectancy of only 39 years.
- Implementing the Comprehensive Risk Management Solution System (CRMS)
- Co-ordination of corporate wellness stakeholders
- Monitoring and managing an absenteeism program
- Provide “back to work” training
- Monitoring and evaluating absenteeism and disabilities on a daily basis
- Running Wellness days
- Running customized health awareness campaigns
- Pilot VCT program
Benefits for company
- Absenteeism decreased remarkably.
- Life expectancy increased from 39 to 49.
- Disability, death claims decreased 50%.
- HIV/AIDS testing increased 50%.
- Risk indicators being monitored and adjustments being done on a daily basis.
- Wellness and management programs funded, by wealth created using the CMRS system.
- Absenteeism cost down.
- Fewer claims resulting from pre-assessment/early identification.
- Co-ordination of corporate and employee wellness programs.
- Premium increase used to implement various programs.
- Better internal communication through central co-ordinator.
- Maintenance of standards & consistency.
- Claim discussions
- One point of entry
- Timeous notification & submission of required disability claim documents
Benefits for risk underwriter
- Improved claims service.
- Elimination of unproductive time spent on administration.
- Better co-ordination & professional claims management.
- Positive impact on claims history, therefore stabilizing/reducing risk costs.
- Model to set underwriter apart from the market.
- Comprehensive Risk Management Solution System (CRMS) to be maintained.
- Comprehensive Risk Management Solution System (CRMS) to be extended to all other affiliates.
- Developed wellness programs to be maintained and extended.
- The CRMS system to become an integral part of operations.
- Pilot VCT program rolled out to all 196 branches.
- Company name change from ‘Unwell’ to ‘Wealth’.