The Wellness House provides, manages and co-ordinates an unique comprehensive risk management solution system called (CRMS) in all sectors of Corporate Africa, creating wealth and health on the continent.
The Wellness House is a company providing employee risk solutions by offering comprehensive employee risk assessment, co-ordinating, training, consulting and management. The Wellness House merges more than 40 years of experience into a comprehensive employee wellness risk model, providing employee risk solutions to risk underwriters and corporate Africa.
The Wellness House creates a comprehensive employee risk solutions model by providing employee wellness services on a national and international basis and currently service more than ten companies. Clients to whom we currently provide services are Capital Alliance, Trentyre, Goodyear, Eastern Cape Government, Eskom, South City Brokers, Continental Tyre, Veyance Technology, CMW, Spar Eastern Cape.
The Wellness House provides the following services:
- Assessment of Corporate Employee Wellness risk – absenteeism, IOD’s, disability claims experience, death claims, medical aid report, primary health care utilization, EAP utilization, occupational health statistics, HIV/AIDS statistics.
- Co-ordination of corporate employee wellness stakeholders – Occupational Health, Safety Managers, EAP Practitioners, HIV/AIDS Co-ordinators, Employee benefits managers
- Consulting regarding employee wellness risk – once all the indicators have been measured recommendations – HIV screening, health education programs
- Risk management of employee wellness – disability management, absenteeism, occupational health, EAP, HIV/AIDS services
- Education & awareness training on employee wellness - health education, stress management, conflict, stress, CSID, wellness days, HIV/AIDS
The Wellness House is managed by directors Sarel Steyn and Maggie Clack who bring to the market an extensive range of academic qualifications and more than 40 years of practical experience dealing with employee wellness and related issues.
Sarel is a clinical psychologist, trauma specialist, former university lecturer, international hostage negotiator, internationally certified business coach, qualified hypnotherapist and master trainer. Sarel has been studying and teaching human performance for over 20 years specializing in trauma prevention techniques, development and training.
Sarel has consulted and dealt with various organizations and individuals in South Africa, New Zealand and Turkey regarding the development, training, implementation and management of Critical Incident Stress Management support programs. He has received training from, and offered training to, various universities and institutes and the FBI in the USA.
Maggie Clack is an employee wellness specialist, trained as a health educator and wellness co-ordinator, and has presented papers and training at national and international conferences in South Africa, Canada, Bangkok and Botswana. She is the chair of the Eastern Cape Society of Occupational Health Nurses, an executive member of the South African Society of Occupational Health Nurses, member of the South African HIV Clinician Society and holds an Advanced Health Management Qualification from Yale University in the USA, as well as qualifications in nursing science and occupational health from various academic institutions in South Africa.
Maggie has vast practical experience in disability management, assessing disability applications, claim reviews, absenteeism, screening, implementing HIV/AIDS programs, health education, occupational health co-ordination and corporate social investment.
Wellness House Objectives
The Wellness House objectives are to assist Risk Underwriters and Corporate Africa in:
- Creating wealth through comprehensive risk management, using CRMS.
- Conducting a comprehensive risk, and wellness management audit.
- Managing claims, death and disability.
- Recovering some of the R60 billion a year spent in 2007 associated with employee risk indicators.
- Effectively manage the more than 9% unproductive employees due to psychosocial challenges.
- Managing, developing, implementing and co-ordinating comprehensive customized corporate and employee wellness programs creating wealth by using the CRMS system.
- Adhering to the various government laws and regulations that govern good corporate practices
- Swiss Re
- Capital Alliance
- Goodyear SA
- Polar Re-treading
- Eastern Cape Government
- Nelson Mandela Bay Metropole Municipality